Monday, September 14, 2009

Freedom Essay and Arlington Wreath Laying

Back in June, my son went on his schools annual 8th grade class East Coast trip.  What made this trip particularly exciting for my son was that he was one of four students chosen to represent their school by laying a wreath at The Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetery.  Each 8th grade student wrote an essay on the topic "What Freedom Means to Me."  The teachers and principal chose the four best essays and those students got the honor of laying the wreath.

Part of his essay is below.  You can click each part to enlarge and read his essay.











 
Below are four photos that were taken during the wreath laying ceremony.  (Unfortunately, I did not get to go but a few of the parents who did graciously gave me these photos.)  My son is the one in the blue shirt.







blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails