Monday, September 21, 2009

SNGF (on Monday morning)- Ahnentafel Roulette

On Saturday, Randy over at Genea-Musings posted his latest Saturday Night Genealogy Fun.  I was not feeling well this weekend so I did not participate at that time.  I'm going to do my "make-up" now.

Here are the instructions:

1) How old is your father now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."

2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel. Who is that person?

3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."

4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.

5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick your mother, or yourself, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!

  1.  My dad would have been 78 this year.  Dividing that by 4 gives me 19.5.   Rounding up to a whole number gives me my roulette number of 20.
  2. Number 20 in my ahnentafel is Benjamin Franklin Perdue, my great great grandfather.
  3. Ben was born in Tennessee about 1841.  He was a farmer or farm laborer in census records 1850 - 1880.  He had five children with his wife, Mary N. Hill.
Thanks for letting me play along!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails