Thursday, September 24, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday - Child's Rocking Chair



This child's rocking chair originally belonged to my brother. Later when I was born, I also played with this chair. 










I could not find a photo of my brother actually in the chair but this is a photo of my brother trying to kiss our cousin taken about 1959.  You can clearly see the chair in this photo.  Apparently, he took the chair with him everywhere if possible.  I believe this photo was taken at my cousin's house.








After I grew out of the chair, my parents tied the chair to the rafters in their garage.  It stayed there for over twenty years.  When my son was born, I begged my brother and parents for the chair.  (It was, after all, still my brother's chair.)  Thankfully, he consented and  I was given the chair.









These two photos are of my son and "his chair" taken late 1995 or early 1996.















Here's my son and his chair taken Christmas 1997. 


My son has long grown out of the chair but we still have it and I'm hoping to pass it on to my son's children.









Copyright © 2009 Regina De León. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails