Thursday, October 01, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday - My Sweet Sixteen Ring


This is the ring my parents gave me for my sixteenth birthday.  It was the first ring I ever wore with a real diamond in it.  It is much too small for me now as it barely fits on my pinkie finger but when I was sixteen it fit nicely on my ring finger.  I wore it proudly for many years.  

It currently lives in my jewelry box and as you can tell from the tarnish, is never worn.  As I can't give it to a daughter (I don't have one!), I hope I can give it to a granddaughter sometime in the distant future.  For now, I'll probably clean it up and put it on my charm holder necklace.  It's place of honor restored!




Copyright © 2009 Regina De León. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails