Friday, January 22, 2010

52 Weeks To Better Genealogy - Week 3 - Assess Yourself

This weeks challenge: 

Assess yourself! You’re great at researching everyone else’s history, but how much of your own have you recorded? Do an assessment of your personal records and timeline events to ensure your own life is as well-documented as that of your ancestors. If you have a genealogy blog, write about the status of your own research and steps you may take to fill gaps and document your own life.
I've been very lax documenting me and my immediate family.  Looking at my database, I have added the essentials - date and place of birth, school attendance dates and places, estimated graduation dates, marriage date and place, etc.  but they have not been documented.  Some of the actual documents, such as my high school diploma, are missing.  (My mom gave me all my documents several years ago but I have no idea what I did with them!)  

My young man's data is exactly the opposite, I've collected so much "stuff" but have not put much into my database.

Guess I really should get it all together, input the data in my database and scan the documentation as well.  This is part of my New Year resolution to start a new, documented database.  

Thanks for the push.... 




Copyright © 2010 Regina De León. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails