Friday, January 01, 2010

Getting It Done In 2010





I'm not much of a New Year Resolutions kind of girl.  In fact, the only resolution I ever made was a couple of years ago.  The resolution was to read at least 1 book a month.  I've kept and exceeded that goal the last two years now, so I make that resolution every year.  (I know it is something I can actually accomplish and feel wonderful about at the end of the year.)

As far as genealogy goals, there is always the standard, "breakdown my brick wall" or write a family history book.  Every genealogist/ family historian wants that or some incarnation of it.  But if I'm going to write down what I want to do in 2010, it would be two big picture things.

Take the courses I purchased some time ago from the National Institute of Genealogical Studies.  (I'll have to see how many I have left and how many I can finish this year.)
and
Start a new database that is sourced, geocoded and linked to scanned documents.   This will need to be broken down into smaller pieces.  (Admittedly, this will take longer then one year to complete but a girl can hope, can't she?)

So there are my two goals for 2010.  Of course, as I work on the new database, I will find "holes" that need to be filled and connections that need to be documented.  Filling these holes and making the connections are always the number one goal.

 
Best of luck in 2010!





Copyright © 2010 Regina De León. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails