Thursday, January 21, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Gymnastics Awards



In the summer of 1983, I joined a local Rhythmic gymnastic team after having done Artistic gymnastics since I was nine years old.  I loved Rhythmic gymnastics because it was more dance then the twisting and tumbling involved in Artistic gymnastics.  The team I joined was more disciplined then the other team I had previous been on. We had workout six days a week.  It was a chore going to school and then to off to gymnastics and dance for hours in the early evening to about 9 pm.  But I loved everything about it!


After a few months, I had learned the compulsory routines and had a wonderful ball routine composed for me.  My first competition , which was the state competition, was in San Francisco, California.  We took a plane (my first) and stayed at a teammate's house for the three days of completion.  It was nerve wracking but so much fun at the same time.  The results for me was I won several ribbons and second place in the all-around competition.

Less then a month later, the regional competition was held closer to home in Los Angeles, California.  I don't remember much about this competition other then I did really well, again taking second place in the all-around competition.

It's been many, many years since I was involved in gymnastics but I still love the sport and watch it any chance I get.





Copyright © 2010 Regina De León. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails