Thursday, January 14, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - M&M's 1984 Olympic Commemorative Jar





My commemorative jar found in the "long unseen" box from the garage.

The 1984 Los Angeles Olympics was a time I remember fondly.  It was the first year that Rhythmic Gymnastics was an Olympic sport.  I was on a team at the time and my coach was friends with the USA Olympic coach.  We made several trips to Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus to see the warm-up/pre-competition workouts.  Very exciting to see the best in the world.


My mother was also able to get tickets to a days Volleyball competition.  My dad and I took the bus to Long Beach where the competition was being held.  It was awesome fun to see the Olympics "up close and personal" and a great way to spend the day with Dad!

I have several other Olympic commemoratives including books and passes but this is special to me because it also has may favorite marketing personalities,  the M&M's characters.  It is so fun to see the evolution of the characters.  They have really changed in the last 20 plus years!







Copyright © 2010 Regina De León. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails