Thursday, January 07, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - My First Baby Doll

I was in the garage the other day looking for who knows what, when I noticed a plastic box with some things in it I hadn't seen in a long time. 


One of the things was "Cuddles", my first doll.  She is about 12 inches long and is made of fairly hard plastic with a cloth body.  There is a copyright on her neck that reads " GUE DOLL © 1964".  


I know that my mother "re- upholstered" her at some point.  She has green open and close eyes but the lashes are long gone from being played with so much.  The night dress she is wearing was lovingly made for Cuddles by my Mom.  I believe I might have had a matching night gown as well.


I insisted on keeping Cuddles when I left for college and my parents kept her until they moved in the late 1990s.  I thought I'd pass her on to my child but as my one and only is a boy... Guess I'll pass her down to my grandchildren.





Copyright © 2010 Regina De León. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails