Monday, February 22, 2010

Photocopies Needed - Can you help??


While looking at a family photograph, I noticed it had a photographers mark. 


Based on the name and the location of the people in the photo, I was able to find out some information about the photographer using Google Book Search.  The book I found is Pioneer photographers of the Far West: a biographical dictionary, 1840 - 1865 by Peter E. Palmquist and Thomas R. Kailbourn. 

I went to WorldCat to find a local library that had the book so I could check it out.  Funny thing was, WorldCat only gave me libraries in United Kingdom, Germany and France.  What!?  I know that is not right.  Now off to the Los Angeles Public Library website to see if they have a copy.  BINGO!  LAPL Central Library has a copy... unfortunately it is reference only.  No check out.  BUMMER!

So here's how you can help me, if you are planning a library trip would you please see if the library has this book?  I'd like copies of the entry for Louis Herman Heller.  In the 2000 edition of the book it is three pages long, from page 288 to 290 and includes a photo of Mr. Heller.  I'd pay for the postage and the photocopies, of course.

Thanks a bunch!




Copyright © 2010 Regina De León. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails