Monday, April 26, 2010

My day at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books

LogoThis was my third time attending the LA Times Festival of Books.  This year, My Young Man and I wanted to go early so we could catch the Reduced Shakespeare Company at 10am.  We arrived just in time to find a seat before it started.  [Note to self: Bring paper towels to wipe off chairs next time.]

The Reduced Shakespeare Company is a three-man comedy troupe that takes long, serious subjects and reduces them to short, sharp comedies.

Being a book festival, this was not one of their full performances but it was completely entertaining and really, really funny.  They read/performed a small piece of all their various productions and of course, there was a book signing after. 

Here’s the photo I took of Reed Martin (left) and Austin Tichenor (right) , “2/3 of the company”, at the beginning of the performance. If you want to find out more about the Reduced Shakespeare Company here’s a link to their website: Reduced Shakespeare Company

Reduced Shakespeare

Next, we headed over to meet Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak.  I’d been threatening via Twitter to come see her for sometime. She is really wonderful!  Such a “people person” and really interested in hearing about your genealogy adventures.  Megan is quite the genealogy celebrity these days and in my opinion, we couldn’t have a better representative for the genealogy community.

With our “have to do”s completed, we walked the entire fair.  I purchased several books and was even given one for free.  Here’s a photo of my “haul”.P4260056

They include:

Who Do You Think You Are?   The Essential Guide To Tracing Your Family History (Signed by Megan!!)

Vampire Darcy’s Desire

Darcy’s Desire

Sanditon

Home After Dark…One Man’s Memories (This one was handed to me, Free.)

Promo Comic – FranggleRock (Signed by writer, Sam Humphries)

 

When we were ready to go, my hubby reminded me that I’d brought my camera but did not get a photo with Megan.  Here’s the result.

Megan and me

It was a wonderful day!!!

Copyright © 2010 Regina De León. All rights reserved.

 

 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails