Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Today In History–Moon Landing

 

According to Wikipedia, “The United States's Apollo 11 was the first manned mission to land on the Moon on 20 July 1969.”  That was 42 years ago today.

Here’s a brief video:

So what do I remember about this day?  Absolutely nothing!  I was only a couple of months old.  My brother tells me I was sitting on his lap in front of the TV while he said "look" and pointed at the TV.  I of course, looked at his finger and missed the whole thing.  ;^)

My brother was interested in the “space race” but I should probably let him speck for himself on that.  And my mother, to this day believes it was all faked.  (Love you Mom!)

So I ask you dear readers, what do you remember about the Moon Landing? (Please click comments at the very end on this post to leave your remembrances or write about it on your own blog and let me know about it in comments.)

Happy Hunting!

Copyright © 2011 Regina De León. All rights reserved.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails