It’s been some time since I took part in SNGF. Thought it time I remedy that.
Here are the instructions for todays SNGF:
1) What day of the week was your Father born? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your Father's birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your Father's birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
1. My dad, J C Bynum, was born on 12 January 1931 in Borger, Hutchinson, Texas, USA. It was a Monday. I did a search for “1931 calendar” and found the calendar on the site, www.timeanddate.com.
2. After doing a search for “Historical events for 12 January”, I found several sites that list historical events for certain days. I did not find any events for the year 1931. A few historical events:
1863 - President Davis delivers his "State of Confederacy" address
1903 - Harry Houdini performs at Rembrandt theater, Amsterdam
1906 - Football rules committee legalizes forward pass
1932 - Hattie W Caraway elected 1st woman senator (D-Ark)
1952 - University of Tennessee admits it's 1st black student
1991 - US Congress gives George Bush authority to wage war against Iraq.
3. An internet search for “famous people born on 12 January” yielded the following results:
Ruth Brown (1928 – 2006) – Theater Actress, Singer
Joe Frazier (1944-2011) – Boxer
Jack London (1876 – 1916) – Journalist, Author
Tex Ritter (1905 – 1974) – America’s singing cowboy
The Amazing Kreskin (born 1935) – American mentalist.
(As a side note, all this information could have been found in RootsMagic via the “On This Day” report.)